Recipe modified. Original recipe from Women's Weekly.
I made this the other night for the first time and was pleasantly surprised with how wonderful it turned out. My husband said it's almost like beef stroganoff with an Asian flare. I have to agree. It's good old comfort food with a bit of a twist.
What you'll need
1 Red pepper, thinly sliced
1 Yellow pepper, thinly sliced
250g Dried wide rice noodles
1 tsp Peanut oil
750g Lean ground beef
1 Medium onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/3 cup Red curry paste
2 tbsp Lime juice
2 tbsp Fish sauce
1 1/2 cups Beef stock
2 tsp Cornstarch
4 Green onions, chopped
1 small bunch Fresh cilantro leaves
1. Cook the ground beef in a large pan until well browned. Drain the fat and remove beef from the pan. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in the same pan. Add the peppers, onion and garlic and stir-fry until the onion and peppers are soft.
3. Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the directions on the package.
4. Combine the curry paste, lime juice and fish sauce. Add to the pan. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Combine the beef stock and cornstarch in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add to the pan. Bring to a boil; simmer, stirring, until thickened slightly.
6. Return beef to pan with noodles; stir-fry until heated through. Stir in the green onions. Serve topped with fresh cilantro.