Thursday, July 28, 2011

Green Chicken Curry


I love green curry. I make sure the house is always stocked with coconut milk, fish sauce and curry paste so I can be ready for an impromptu meal at any time. I don't really follow the rules though and like to add any vegetables I have. So here is my quick and easy green curry recipe.

What you'll need
6 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 can Coconut milk
2 tbsp (heaping) Green curry paste
1 tbsp Fish sauce
2 cups Chopped vegetables of your choice (Here I used red peppers and snow peas)
1 small bunch Fresh cilantro

How to
1. Cut the chicken thighs into strips. You can use chicken breasts, I just like chicken thighs.

2. Add the coconut milk, curry paste and fish sauce to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken. Reduce heat and simmer.

3. Add the vegetables and cook until the vegetables are soft and the chicken is cooked through.

4. Serve over rice and top with cilantro leaves.

Note: Typically, green curry recipes call for palm sugar or soft brown sugar (about 2 tsp), but I like it without. If you prefer it though, add it to the saucepan with the fish sauce.

No comments: