Recipe modified. Original recipe from the Food Network Magazine.
Here is another delicious chicken recipe! You can use chicken thighs, breasts, legs or even chicken halves. The sauce is really what makes this dish especially delicious. I would suggest even making extra and eating the chicken over rice or vermicelli noodles.
What you'll need
4 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp Brow sugar, packed
1 1/2 tsp Five-spice powder
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
6 Chicken drumsticks (or whatever cut you prefer, bone in and skin on)
3 tsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Garlic, grated
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
1 tbsp Rice vinegar
3 1/2 tsp Honey
1 tsp Sesame oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Rinse the chicken with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Mix 2 tsp olive oil, the brown sugar, 1 tsp five-spice powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Rub on the chicken. Place the chicken in a glass baking dish and cook in the oven, uncovered for 40 minutes.
3. Heat grill to medium heat. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping once, until chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tsp olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic and the remaining 1/2 tsp five-spice powder and cook 2 minutes. Add the hoisin sauce, vinegar and honey and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the sesame oil.
5. Top the chicken with the sauce and serve.