Friday, September 30, 2011

Grilled Perogies and Farmer Sausage

Recipe modified.  Original recipe from Food Network Magazine.

This is a delicious twist to your typical perogies and farmer sausage night.  I've always eaten my perogies smothered in a creamy white sauce, so I wasn't sure if I'd care for a change from my traditional ways.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  Even better, my husband loved them too.  The mustard sauce and grilled onions complemented the perogies perfectly!   Not to say that I'm giving up my cream sauce, but I'll definitely make this recipe again!

What you'll need
500g Farmer Sausage
2 tbsp Whole-grain mustard
2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
1 large Onion, cut into 6 wedges
1 dozen Potato and cheddar perogies, frozen
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup Fresh parsley, roughly chopped

How to
1.  Preheat a grill to medium heat.  Grill the farmer sausage, turning, until marked, about 12 minutes.

2.  Toss the onion and perogies with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Grill until the perogies thaw and start to brown and the onions become soft.  Flip and continue to grill until the perogies are cooked through, about 10 minutes total.

3.  Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the mustard and vinegar together.  Slowly whisk in 2 tbsp of the olive oil until smooth. 

4.  Add the perogies and onion to the bowl.  Slice up the farmer sausage and add it to the bowl along with the parsley.  Season with salt and pepper.  Toss and divide among shallow bowls.

No comments: