Friday, March 30, 2012

Black Bean Beef and Vegetable Stir-fry

Recipe by Canadian Living, slightly modified.

Can you tell I love stir-fry's? I love all the vegetables and yummy flavours.  There are so many different ways to do a stir-fry that it's hard to get tired of them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! This one is a little different for me. I generally use chicken or shrimp, but thought I'd mix it up a bit for my red-meat loving husband. Enjoy!

What you'll need
340g Beef flank marinating steak, thinly sliced across the grain
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 cup Beef broth
3 tbsp Black bean sauce
1 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
2 cups Broccoli florets
2 Sweet orange peppers, cut in chunks
1 White onion, cut in chunks
1 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted

1.  Sprinkle beef with pepper. Whisk together broth, black bean sauce and cornstarch. Set aside.

2.  In wok or large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned but still pink inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.

3.  Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry garlic and ginger for 30 seconds.

4.  Add broccoli, peppers and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Cover and steam for 2 minutes.

5.  Return beef and any accumulated juices to wok. Add black bean mixture; stir-fry until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with white or wild rice.

No comments: