Saturday, September 15, 2012

Apple Crisp

Recipe from bettycrocker.com

My husband's cousin gave us three huge bags of apples this year. After having made three apple pies and a very large pot of apple sauce, I asked my husband, "what should I make next?". "Apple pie" he replied. "Seriously? I've already made you three!" Yup, he was serious. I have to admit, this apple pie recipe is really quite amazing (you can find it here), but really, I could not make another apple pie! I found this apple crisp recipe and thought I'd give it a try instead. Well, my husband was still happy. He actually described it as "addicting"! That is not a term in my husband's vocabulary when it comes to food, so I think that's a pretty good sign that this apple crisp is amazing!

What you'll need
4 medium Tart apples, sliced (about 4 cups)
3/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 cup Old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup Butter, softened
3/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp Ground nutmeg

How to
1.  Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking dish.

2.  Spread the apples over the bottom of the dish.

3.  In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.

4.  Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.  Serve warm with ice-cream.

No comments: