Monday, January 14, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe slightly modified. Original recipe by Chipits.

I realized that I have never posted my chocolate chip cookie recipe, which is surprising because it's kind of my specialty. I have tried a lot of chocolate chip recipes over the years, but the best recipe I've found is simply the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag. They're quite wonderful. Perfectly soft and chewy! I hope you find as much success with this recipe as I have!

What you'll need
1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
1 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)

How to
1.  Heat oven to 325°F.

2.  In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.

3.  In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.

4.  Stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts, if using.

5.  Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until, or until bottoms are golden brown. Makes 4 dozen.

No comments: