Sunday, March 9, 2014

Maple Orange Tahini Dressing

Recipe from Use Real Butter

The blog post where I got this recipe from uses this dressing on a crunchy kale salad. I've done a number of variations of that salad with this dressing and I'm always happy with it. I just use kale and any other crunchy veggies I have, a granny smith apple, currants and whatever nuts I have in the house. Use the link above for the original salad recipe. Personally however, I find that salads are often a last minute thing where I use whatever veggies I have on hand, so having a good dressing recipe is the most important part! This one is quite tasty and works great with kale because it has more substance and is able to hold up to the kale without being oily and heavy.

What you'll need
Juice of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup)
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp tahini
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup olive oil
Lemon juice to taste

How to
1.  Place the orange juice, syrup, tahini and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until combined.

2.  Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the bowl in a steady stream while constantly whisking. Add the lemon juice to taste.

3. Toss with salad and enjoy!

No comments: