Recipe modified. Original recipe by Company's Coming.
I love shrimp, lemon and garlic! That makes this recipe quite wonderful in my eyes!
What you'll need
18 Fresh uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (The shrimp I had weren't jumbo, which was sad cause that would have made them even more delicious!)
Wooden skewers, soaked in water overnight, or metal skewers
1 Large egg
1 Large egg yolk
1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1 Garlic clove, minced
1/8 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp Lemon zest
1/2 tsp each Salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Marinade: Combine the parsley, oil, zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the shrimp. Rub in the marinade until the shrimp are well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Aioli: Add the egg, egg yolk, lemon juice, garlic and salt to a blender and blend until creamy (about 2 minutes). While still blending, slowly pour (in a thin stream) the oil through the hole in the lid. Blend until mixture is pale and thickened. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
3. Heat the grill to medium heat.
4. Skewer the marinated shrimp onto the skewers. Barbeque until shrimp are just pink, do not overcook (about 2 minutes on each side).
5. Plate and serve with aioli. Delicious!