Recipe from Anna Magazine.
I really can't think of anything better than a dessert make from chocolate crepes. This is a bit of a time consuming recipe, but it's definitely worth it! Besides, isn't half the fun in the making?
What you'll need
1/4 cup Water
3/4 cup Butter
1 cup Semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 1/2 cups Whole milk, room temperature
1 tbsp Vanilla
Butter for crepe pan
2 cups Whipping Cream
1/2 cup Icing sugar
1/2 cup Walnuts, ground (I used pecans instead...just cause I like them better)
1 tsp Vanilla
1. For the walnut cream, whip ingredients with electric mixer until soft peaks form; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, place water and butter; whisk until melted. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate until completely melted; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla. Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until smooth; add chocolate and butter mixture, whisking until smooth and free of lumps. Chill for 2 hours.
4. Melt a teaspoon butter in 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Remove pan from heat; pour about 1/4 cup batter into pan, swirling to cover bottom; return pan to heat. Cook, flipping once, until edges are golden and center is cooked, about 30 seconds per side. Repeat with remaining batter, coating pan with butter as needed.
5. To assemble cake, spread about 3 tablespoons walnut cream between each crepe until all crepes are used. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Cake can be refrigerated up to 3 days. Serves 10-12.