Recipe by Canadian Living.
This is one of my favourite summer recipes. It's as fresh as it tastes and even fresher than it looks (which I apologize for...definitely not the best picture). Trust me though, if you love cilantro, this is a must make this summer!
What you'll need
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I didn't have any, so I used chicken thighs)
1/3 cup Lime juice
1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, minced
1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Red onion, finely chopped
2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
Lime wedges (optional)
1. Cut chicken breasts in half to create 8 pieces. Pound each to even thickness.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the lime juice, 3 tbsp of the cilantro, 2 tbsp of the olive oil, garlic and half of the salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno peppers, vinegar and remaining lime juice, coriander, oil, salt and pepper. Peel and cut avocado into cubes; gently toss with salsa. Set aside.
4. Place chicken on grill over medium-high heat and grill until no longer pink inside (about 3 minutes on each side).
5. Serve chicken topped with salsa and lime wedges.