Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Muffins


It was 6:00am and I was about to leave the house for my shift at the hospital (I'm a student nurse by the way), when my instructor called in sick.  So what did I do instead?  Baked muffins of course.  There is something wonderful about warm pumpkin muffins on a chilly fall morning.

What you'll need
1 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
3 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cloves
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
2/3 cup Milk
1/2 cup Pumpkin, pureed
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1 Egg
Brown Sugar

How to
1.  Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.  Stir in the raisins.

2.  In another bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, oil and egg.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

3.  Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full.  Sprinkle generously with brown sugar.

4.  Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.  Yields 12.

No comments: