Sunday, January 22, 2012

Slow Cooker Ribs


My grandma recently gave me a slow cooker and I've been trying out a few recipes.  Now that I'm back at school again, I really appreciate how much time it saves me. My husband turned 30 last week, so I treated him with a feast of sweet and spicy tender ribs. I was quite impressed, my slow cooker pulled through and they were quite delicious!

What you'll need
2-3 lbs Pork back or side ribs, cut into 3-bone pieces
2 tbsp Brown sugar
2 tbsp Smoked paprika
1/2 tbsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 can Coke (regular, not diet)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce

How to
1.  In a small dish, combine the brown sugar, paprika, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Generously rub over the ribs and let sit for 5 minutes.

2.  Pour the coke into the slow cooker.  Place the ribs in and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

3.  When nearly ready to eat, gently take the ribs out of the slow cooker and discard the drippings. Brush with the BBQ sauce and broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce is heated through and the edges are slightly crispy.

4.  Serve, relax and enjoy!

No comments: