Recipe slightly modified. Original recipe from www.williams-sonoma.com
What you'll need
1 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 cup Cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 1/4 cups Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add one egg at a time while continuing to mix on medium speed. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
4. With a spatula, stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
5. Place the icing sugar in a shallow bowl. Using a tablespoon, scoop up a rounded spoonful of dough. Roll in the palms of your hands, then roll in the icing sugar until coated. Place cookies on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake until cookies are puffed and crackled, 10-12 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.