What you'll need
2 15-oz cans of Lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup Fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for serving
1/2 cup Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Ground cumin
1/2 cup Bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups Red cabbage, shredded
2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper, plus more for serving
4 Pitas, warmed
1. In a food processor, puree 1 can of lentils with cilantro, parsley, garlic, and cumin until nearly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the bread crumbs, the remaining can of lentils, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Form into sixteen 1/2-inch-thick patties.
2. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, lightly mash the cabbage with the lemon juice, 1 tbsp of the oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, crushed red pepper, and 1/4 cup water.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook the patties until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adding the remaining tbsp of oil to the skillet for the second batch.
5. Dividing evenly, top each pita with the patties, cabbage mixture, yogurt sauce, and the additional cilantro and crushed red pepper.