Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Roasted Corn Avocado Salad with Smoked Paprika Prawns

Recipe from Anna Magazine.

Don't ask me why, but when I decided to try this recipe, I thought it would be okay at best. Well, I can tell you I was pleasantly surprised. This recipe is amazing and I will most certainly make it again!

What you'll need
12 Jumbo prawns, deveined and peeled
2 tsp Smoked paprika
6 Red pearl onions, peeled (I didn't have any, so I just used a red onion chopped into bite size pieces)
1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
6 Skewers (if wooden, soaked in water overnight)
1 cup Canned corn, drained
2 Avocados, peeled, halved, pitted and cubed
4 cups Arugula
1 Ciabatta loaf, sliced diagonally

Vinaigrette:
1/3 cup Fresh orange juice
3 1/2 tbsp White wine vinegar
2 tbsp Chopped fresh chives
1 1/2 tsp Orange zest
1/4 cup Olive oil

How to
1.  For vinaigrette, in small bowl, whisk all ingredients until blended; set aside.

2.  Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In medium bowl, toss prawns in paprika and tread onto 3 skewers. Thread onions onto remaining skewers. Brush both with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill, about 3 minutes per side.

3.  Brush ciabatta with olive oil and place on grill until golden.

4.  Remove prawns and onions from skewers. In large serving bowl, toss prawns, onions, corn, avocado and arugula with vinaigrette. Serve immediately with grilled bread. Serves 4. 

No comments: