Sunday, September 23, 2012

Homemade Shake'n Bake

Recipe modified. Original recipe from kitchensimplicity.com.

I don't know why, but I love shake'n bake. It's a easy meal that always tastes great. I do however prefer to make things myself whenever I can. I found this recipe online and it's actually quite tasty! I keep it in portioned zip-lock bags in the freezer, so whenever we're in a bind for dinner, I've got something easy to fall back on.

What you'll need
4 1/2 cups Cornflakes
1 Beef bouillon cube, crumbled
1/2 tbsp Onion powder
1/2 tbsp Garlic powder
1/2 tbsp Dried parsley
1 tsp Dried sage (or marjoram)
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
10 Chicken drumsticks

How to
1.  Pulse all ingredients (except chicken) in a food processor and pulse until cornflakes become coarse crumbs.

2.  Place half of the mix in a large zip-lock bag. Add chicken to bag and seal. Shake bag until chicken is well coated. Place chicken on parchment lined baking sheet. Place the rest of the mix and the chicken in the same bag and repeat.

3.  Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Turn each drumstick over and continue to bake until juices run clean and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. 

No comments: