Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Apricot, Kale and Quinoa Salad


My sister Elise inspired me to find some new quinoa salad recipes. I'm so tired of the same old Greek quinoa salad that I make and I needed a new recipe to inspire me to eat a bit healthier. This one did the trick! The dressing is so delicious, that I think I'll use it to make other salads too. This salad however needs no alterations, it's perfect just as it is.

What you'll need
1 cup quinoa
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 tbsp coarse-grain Dijon mustard
1 tbsp apricot preserves
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 cups finely chopped kale, washed
4-6 fresh apricots, pitted and sliced
1/4 red onion, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup whole almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

How to
1.  Cook quinoa according to package directions and let cool.  

2.  In a large bowl whisk together mustard, garlic, apricot preserves, oil, vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.

3.  Once dressing is complete, add quinoa and remaining ingredients. Toss and enjoy!

No comments: