Thursday, November 14, 2013

Green Bean, Walnut, & Feta Salad


I cannot say enough how yummy this salad is! Actually, I wish I had some leftovers in the fridge for me to eat right now. This recipe is easy, tasty and healthy...there is no reason not to try it!

What you'll need
1 1/2 lbs. fresh green beans, washed, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans, just because I prefer them)
3/4 cup diced red onion
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

How to
1.  Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the green beans for only 3 minutes. Drain well and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.

2.  Place green beans in a large bowl. Add walnuts (or pecans if using), onion and feta; gently stir to combine. 

3.  Combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, mint, garlic, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor; pulse a few minutes to blend. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss. Chill for about one hour before serving. 

No comments: