Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

Recipe slightly modified from original by The Baker Chick.

I've been meaning to post this recipe for a while, but it seems my new baby girl does not like it when I split my attention between her and the computer. Understandable. Fall and the season of pumpkin baking is pretty much over, but considering this weekend will be American Thanksgiving, I figure it's still not to late to post a good pumpkin recipe.

I have to say these cookies are scary good. I don't think I'll make them again for a while because I liked them far too much and had little self control. That being said, you should try them. Not because I don't care about your health and the possibility of a new addiction, but because I think they are tasty enough to make your day!

What you'll need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

How to
1.  Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

2.  In a medium-sized bow, mix together the flour, oats, baking soda, spices and salt.

3.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined and smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree.

4.  On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the pecans.

5.  Use a small cookie scoop to dollop cookie dough onto prepared sheets, 2-3 inches apart. Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges.

6.  Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

No comments: