Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blueberry Coconut Pecan Breakfast Cookies

Recipe from www.kumquatblog.com

Well, it's been a long time. I admit it. My nursing senior practicum wiped me out! Also, the fact that I'm nearly 12 weeks pregnant probably had something to do with my extreme exhaustion and lack of motivation. I hope the worst is over however and that my energy for cooking has returned!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and I have to say they are quite delicious!! I didn't have everything it called for, so I put in brackets the changes I made, in case you find yourself in the same boat. These little snacks are tasty, chewy and they don't crumble apart on you! They're a good alternative to those chocolate filled granola bars I like to convince myself are healthy.

What you'll need
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or sweetened if you like)
1 tbsp golden flaxmeal
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried blueberries (I used raisins, because it's what I had on hand)
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil, warm enough to be liquid
1 tbsp agave nectar (I didn't have any, so I used corn syrup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking spray (or parchment paper)

How to
1.  Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine oats, coconut, flaxmeal, salt, pecans, and blueberries. Stir in bananas, oil, agave nectar and vanilla until well combined.

2.  Press 2 tbsp of mixture into a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray (or lined with parchment paper). Continue with remaining mixture.

3.  Bake for 25 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Cool on pan. Makes about 15 cookies.

2 comments:

Alvina said...

Thanks for another great recipe...Congrat's on the pregnancy. So happy for you and Andrew.

Tiffany Enns said...

I made them and they are awesome! Thanks so much for the recipe!