Thursday, May 9, 2013

Creamy Broccoli Salad


Here is another delicious Pinterest find! I've had a lot of variations of broccoli salad, but what I really like about this one is that the dressing is so light and fresh. I often find that broccoli salads have so much mayonnaise in them that it hardly feels like you're eating salad at all. This recipe uses Greek yogurt rather than mayo and with the added orange zest, it tastes light and summery! I did make a couple changes though. The original blogger recommends low-fat yogurt, I prefer the real stuff, but I don't think it matters. Also, I added bacon. What is a broccoli salad without bacon??

What you'll need
6-8 cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
3-5 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup raisins, lightly packed
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, kernels only toasted without salt
6-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp grainy mustard
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp orange zest

How to
1.  In a mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, onions, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon.

2.  In a glass measuring cup combine all of the dressing ingredients and stir until smooth.

3.  Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve. 

No comments: