Recipe from Family Spice
This salad is delicious! Really, I can't say it enough. And the best part is that it is super food central! It has kale, pomegranate, cranberry and quinoa in it. It is very exciting eating such a yummy salad that also happens to be very good for you!
What you'll need
1 cup quinoa (dried)
2 large leaves of kale, stems removed
2 cups fresh cranberries
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp grated orange zest
6 small oranges, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/4 cup mixed nuts (I just used pecans)
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. Make quinoa according to package directions.
2. Wash and finely chop the kale leaves.
3. In a food processor pulse cranberries, olive oil and honey to coarsely chop.
4. When quinoa is done, transfer to a bowl with the kale. Stir and let cool to room temperature.
5. Stir the orange zest into the kale and quinoa mixture.
6. When quinoa is cooled completely, gently stir in the oranges and cranberry mixture. Stir in the nuts, pomegranate and fresh mint.
7. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.